CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 12, 2008

OCP Challenge ~ Favorite Childhood Summer Memory

My favorite summer as a child was definately when my family rented a house on Jekyll Island. We invited my grandmothers, aunts and uncles, cousins, and my sister and I each got to bring a friend. I was around 15 at the time. We spent nearly two weeks doing nothing but laying on the beach and making awesome memories. We found TONS of sand dollars, we went bike riding around the island, and spent time with family. My grandmother told us ghost stories every night. We went out to eat seafood and the waitress dropped a whole pitcher of tea in the floor and it splashed all over my uncle. We got to see baby sea turtles make their way towards the sea. It's amazing the memories we made in that one summer. Jekyll Island has been a special place for my entire family ever since.

2 comments:

Michele said...

Sounds like a Beautiful Place, I could picture while readying about it. And dont ya love old Ghost storyies.

Sheila said...

Thank you for sharing. Your words made me feel like I was right there with you! How fun!