CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

OCP Challenge ~ How God Has Shown Me His Fatherly Love

This challenge has proved to be difficult for me. Honestly, the last few months I've felt very lonely. It seems as if nothing in my life is as I want or expect it to be. My family is living with my parents while we build a house, which is taking much, much longer than we had planned. Chris is working very long hours at a job that is two hours away. He's also in school. We never see each other, and he never sees the kids. Because the kids miss Daddy I have to do my best to make up for that, and they are very grumpy. I never really get a break because Daddy's so busy. I've found myself spending several evenings alone in my bed, crying myself to sleep, and feeling more lonely than I've ever felt.

When I read what the challenge was for this week I initially thought about skipping it, but instead I thought about what the last several years have been like. It occurred to me that in the midst of everything God has been the only constant in my life. No matter what trial or tribulation my family and I are going through we always know that we'll make it through it, with Him by our side. This is only a season in my life. A better job will come along, school will eventually end, one day we WILL get in that house, and the kids will grow up. All I can do is live the life that I have now, be thankful for every moment, and make every day special. After all, no one is guaranteed tomorrow.

So, God has shown me His Fatherly love through this challenge. He reminded me that even though I don't always feel Him beside me, He's there. And even when I feel all alone, I'm not. And that's such a comfort.

1 comments:

Michele said...

very good and so true, when you feel alone he still there through all we go through. I will be keeping you and your family in my prayers.