CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 24, 2008

Day Eleven!

I'm trying to get caught up on my posting! The holiday weekend has thrown me off. Saturday was a long, long day for us, and I took way too many pictures to post only one. Chris and I got up early and waited in line for 2.5 hours to register Jessica for Pre-K. They only let the first 140 kids in, so even though they didn't start until 9:00 a.m., we were there at 6:30 a.m. to hold our spot. I sat out on the sidewalk wrapped in a quilt, with tons of other crazy parents, while Chris sat in the car with Emma to keep her warm. All I kept thinking as I watched the line grow longer and longer was that I couldn't believe I hadn't brought my camera!

When we got home we immediately piled all the kids in the car and drove the 2.5 hours to Hartwell to have Easter with my family. When we got there we had an egg hunt, which the kids loved! We started this tradition before Jessica was even born, and we've made sure to do it every year since. Luckily this year we had beautiful weather for it!

Brayden needed a little help to get started. He picked up a few eggs, and then he was done. He left his bag laying on the ground and went to find Kristen's bike. Boys!
Photobucket

Jessica followed Kristen everywhere she went! They both had tons of eggs!
Photobucket

Desiree's basket was overloaded!
Photobucket

Kristen found the prize egg! Two whole dollars!
Photobucket

After the egg hunt we dyed Easter eggs. I know, I know, we did it in the wrong order. But we didn't want the real eggs outside for the egg hunt because it was so warm out. They had a blast dying the eggs.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Jessica dyed every single egg she had yellow. Every one!
Photobucket

They had such a mess...
Photobucket

...but the eggs were beautiful!!
Photobucket


After that we went out to eat Mexican. My favorite! When we finished we decided that instead of going back to my grandmother's house we were going on to the hotel and getting the kids in bed. It had just been a long day. Plus, we had to get ready for the Easter Bunny!

0 comments: