CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 16, 2008

It's just NOT fair!!

First of all let me preface this by say that I am in no way, shape or form, growing old gracefully...nor willingly. I'm getting very close to my 30th birthday, and I'm determined to be a total grouch about it. So there! I said it! And if anyone sends me an Over the Hill card I'm going to hunt them down! Consider yourself forewarned...


So, what is it I'm whining about today? I decided to grow my hair out to donate to Locks of Love. You have to have at least 10" to cut off, and you can't color it. I haven't had hair that long since I was like 8 years old, and I didn't know what I was getting into! I want it cut so bad, and I have 4" left to grow! So if your hair grows 1/2" a month that means I'm in for a long wait! So anyway, I've been wearing it up like every single day. Straight from the shower to a pony on top of my head. I hate it! And it's getting so long now that it makes my head hurt because it's so heavy. Today I decided to straighten it, and leave it down. I mean, come one...who wants a headache? Well, I found....GRAY! And not just one strand, that I can handle. No, I've got a mess of it! And I can't even color it!! And as if that's not bad enough, where do you think it is? Not underneath where it won't be seen. Nope...it's right on top and falls right in line with my natural part. Waahhhh!! Do those kids really need my hair that bad? Someone remind me WHY I started this in the first place.

Ok, on to another topic. I think things are finally starting to settle down in my house. The kids seem to be feeling better, even if we are still dealing with snotty noses and ugly coughs. I'm praying that it's going to continue to get better.

The kids and I went to spend a few days with Donna last week, and we had a great time! We went to McDonald's and let them play on the playground for what seemed like forever. We did pudding painting, at Elizabeth's request, and they all had a blast painting and eating and then painting some more. And there's really nothing like being able to let the kids eat the mess!! Easy clean-up!! And the pictures turned out so pretty! I can't guarantee that they'll be something that I'll get to show them when they grow up, though. I'm expecting the mold to start growing any day now.


We also went to a pumpkin patch, which Emma slept right through, and then we painted the pumpkins. And let me tell you, Brayden is just like his Daddy. He was so serious, and so meticulous! Everything had to be just so. He really enjoys all things art.

And I took this picture of the gourds at the pumpkin patch. I thought it was really neat!

On our last day there we went to the fall festival, and of course, the kids all got their faces painted. Paint, paint everywhere! It didn't last long though. What is it with kids putting their hands all over their faces?

1 comments:

Donna said...

Girl, what you said about growing your hair out for Locks of Love could have been wrote by me about 2 years ago. The last few months of waiting were HORRIBLE. I couldn't get it to grow no matter what I done. Tina did tell me to take prenatal vitamins and another vitamin every day. It seemed to help some.

Just keep thinking about that child who is walking around with a bald head and the smile on their face when they get their new do. You are doing a wonderful thing. When I got my hair cut I was in tears (not because of the cutting), but because of the thought of a child getting hair.