CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

When it rains it pours!

Well, that little bug that Emma had turned out to be a real pain! Brayden had a fever for five days, sometimes as high as 103.7, and I can't tell you how many times we had him in the tub because no amount of Tylenol or Motrin would bring it down. It was pretty scary. We took him to the doctor and they started him on antibiotics, and the next day we were in the ER with him because the fever wouldn't budge. That was a waste of time because we ended up with a doctor whose ego was bigger than the state of TX, and a nurse who followed him around kissing his ass and wouldn't quit calling me hunny. Um, I'm not your "hunny". I've never in my life been treated so much like an idiot. In the end I was told that a fever of nearly 104 was "not that bad", to continue the Tylenol and Motrin "as long as I have to" (even though he wouldn't eat), he wrote me a Rx for another antibiotic, and then wanted me to drive an hour and half away to the pharmacy with a very sick child to get it filled (because it was late and no pharmacy was open). THEN made the mistake of telling me he was diagnosing it as viral!! Hello!!! Then WHY are you giving me an antiobiotic?! Yes, that's how stupid he thought I was. Just give the woman something to pacify her so she'll get the hell out of here! I was livid, and they knew it! Then the nurse, during discharge, says "don't worry, this doesn't make you a bad mother". I literally died laughing and told her I wasn't worried about that. Anyway, it took quite a while and a ton of Tylenol and Motrin, but he's better. Then, the very first day he was without a fever I picked Jessica up from school and she has "the look". I knew instantly that it'd moved on to her. I started her on the extra Rx immediately! (I know, slap my hand but I was NOT going back to the ER!) Her temp then was 103, and it went as high as 104.4 before it was over. She missed two days of school, and we used another box of Tylenol and Motrin. Thankfully, by Monday it was gone. Five days for her, too. Whew! Glad that's over!

Emma got packages in the mail a few days ago with gifts for her birthday from my Aunt Nancy and her family. I can remember growing up, Christina and I always looked forward to her gifts. You always knew it was going to be something really neat! Well, her gift is definately Emma's favorite! She sent her a few really cute outfits, the book "Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You Hear?" and the cutest, softest, cuddliest polar bear to go with it. She actually squealed when we pulled it out of the box! I think the pictures speak for themselves.

1 comments:

Donna said...

I so know you feel!!! Those high temperatures are very scary. I am just so glad the kids are feeling better. We are looking forward to ya'll coming.